If you have time, here is where you can help/participate.
- Click to Volunteer »
Science VideosConvection Currents Demo »
Strawberry DNA Lab »
Catapult Lab »
Viewing the Solar Eclipse »
- I am so excited for the Cadet Activities!
- "Thank you for your positive comments and your positive influence on my son. Garrett seems to be enjoying school more than usual this year, and is looking forward to the many opportunities provided at the Academy."
- "I wanted to take the time and tell you guys that it's been an amazing school for my Son. He loves school is always excited about going and he is working on bettering his body for the raiders that he is excited about doing."
History & Future
Utah Military Academy exists to serve the interest of students who desire a military environment. We will create this environment with a base of a strong, experienced board of directors, dedicated school leadership, and committed parents and community, who will support the work of changing students into cadets. We will demand a great deal of the cadets, and will support them at every turn in a task oriented process that ensures growth towards goals. “Failure is not an option."
We will develop a strong set of Core Commitments for the cadets that will include:
- Respect for themselves, their fellow cadets, faculty and staff, community and country
- Integrity in every aspect of their life
- Work ethic as a backbone of all accomplishment of the mind and body
- Expectation of excellence as a key component of improvement
- Gratitude for the opportunities provided them within Utah Military Academy, the community and our nation, with a focus on patriotism with determined and known purpose
- Mind set of achievement in the face of daunting obstacles, challenges and odds
Strong Military Culture
We will provide a strong military culture:
- A facility consistent with the theme, function and environment consistent with the military
- Culture that includes proper military etiquette, rank, drill and ceremony, rigorous attention to detail, and the demands of leadership
- Exposure to engagements with military leaders, equipment and training opportunities, safely guided and appropriate for our students
- Challenging assignments that will truly push our cadets beyond their own expectations
Academic Environment of Excellence
We will provide a 'no excuses' academic environment of excellence:
- Data driven instruction techniques will drive the course instruction, creating an environment for attention to individual academic achievement
- Technology engagement that will facilitate the most recent blended learning opportunities, which share in the individual learning and data driven instruction
- Professional staff selected for their background with the primary focus on academic achievement, and military experience being secondary and something we are dedicated to inculcating within staff
- Academic opportunities beyond the classroom to include support in applying to military academies, colleges and universities
- Extracurricular opportunities that will provide opportunities for cadets to practice leadership and personal growth
- Rigor in academic delivery by the cadets with the expectation of cadets learning to demonstrate commitment to academic excellence, with our professional staff providing guidance and support at every turn
- Dedication of staff to mission, which is ultimately measured in the individual achievement of our cadets
Family & Community
We will work with the family and community:
- Parental and family engagement in meaningful ways that support all aspects of the cadets
- Public engagement opportunities such as presentation and retirement of colors, drill and ceremony, public speaking and presentations of honor
- Exposure to leadership as examples of excellence, opportunity and goal setting
- Service opportunities which will build Core Commitments leading to entrenchment of the building blocks of leadership
These areas encompass all aspects of the Utah Military Academy and will provide the framework within which our cadets will maximize their individual abilities.