If you have time, here is where you can help/participate.
- Click to Volunteer »
Science VideosConvection Currents Demo »
Strawberry DNA Lab »
Catapult Lab »
Viewing the Solar Eclipse »
- I am so excited for the Cadet Activities!
- "Thank you for your positive comments and your positive influence on my son. Garrett seems to be enjoying school more than usual this year, and is looking forward to the many opportunities provided at the Academy."
- "I wanted to take the time and tell you guys that it's been an amazing school for my Son. He loves school is always excited about going and he is working on bettering his body for the raiders that he is excited about doing."
Camp Williams Newsletter
Holiday Calendar Change
Please make the necessary adjustments to pick your cadets up at 12:10pm from school. Buses will take students to the trax station as soon as school is over at 12:10pm. All Practices are cancelled for this day.
Music Department Dinner
Breakfast for Dinner, this fundraiser will be happening during the concert. Funds being raised for this event are for Cadets going to the Washington DC Field Trip. Event is December 18th from 5p-7p. Tickets are $9/ea. The dinner includes pancakes, sausage, fresh fruit, and a drink. The dessert includes a hot chocolate bar and a cookie decorating table.
- December 6th -7th Men’s Basketball @ Wendover Tournament
- December 7th Saturday Cowboy Duels @ Grantsville
- December 10th Tuesday Women’s Basketball @ Draper APA 5:30 ; 7:00
- December 11th Wednesday Men’s Basketball @ SAHS Varsity Only 7:00
- December 12th Thursday Women’s Basketball @ HOME vs Freedom 5:30; 7:00
- December 16th Monday Men’s Basketball @ HOME vs UMA HF 5:30; 7:00
- December 17th Tuesday Women’s Basketball @ American Heritage 5:15; 7:00
- December 17th Tuesday Men’s Basketball @ HOME vs Westridge 5:30; 7:00
- December 19th Thursday Women’s Basketball @ HOME vs RSL 5:30; 7:00
- December 19th Thursday Park City Duels @ Park City
- December 20th Friday Men’s Basketball @ Beaver 5:30; 7:00
- December 20th- 25th ALL SPORTS MORATORIUM NO PRACTICES GAMES OR MEETINGS
- December 26th-28th Cedar City Tournament
US Service Academies and ROTC Scholarships Open House
Naval Sea Cadets
Air Force Academy, Summer Seminar
American Legion Boys State and Girls State
UofU Mining Engineering Scholarship
SAME Engineering Camp
Winter Wonderland Ball
Lost and Found
Our lost & found is filling up fast! Have your Cadets come and collect their lost items. Starting on Monday, December 16th all items will be placed in the student lounge until December 20th. At the end of the day. any remaining items will be taken to the Road Home Charity to be donated.
Utah Military Academy will be displaying the Cadets Art work. The Art Show will be upstairs and held in conjunction with the “Breakfast for Dinner” fundraiser hosted by the Music Department. This will be on December 18th from 5:00 to 7:00pm.
Family Support Group (FSG)
*Are you or your Cadet having any troubles or questions you need answered? Please contact us through Quick Links on the left hand edge of the web site home page. Simply select the “I am having trouble with”. Fill out your information and someone will get back with you.
*Don’t forget you can go to the schools website to put money in your cadets Lunch Account. Just go into Quick Links, Lunch Information and Make a Payment.
*The Cadet Store is up and running. This will be ongoing throughout the school year. We are always looking for parent involvement. You can sign up on the UMA website under Volunteer or contact us at email@example.com if you would like to schedule a time.
*We are getting started on planning a Parking Lot Sale in the Spring. This is to help raise funds for the school. If you have things you want to clear out of your house please keep our fundraiser in mind vs donating it now. We know it is a lot to ask when you want it gone NOW. Any help we can give the school in raising funds is for the benefit of our Cadets. Please Help! Date of event TBD. Please contact the FSG at firstname.lastname@example.org with your list of items being donated to the Parking Lot Sale.
***UMA has an easy way for you to support and contribute to the school. If you order things on Amazon it is as easy as listing Utah Military Academy- Riverdale as your Donation Charity List. You do not need to create a new account. Just use thehttps://smile.amazon.com/
. Make your selection for Utah Military Academy-Riverdale. A percentage of all items purchased through Smile Amazon will go to the school. Please keep in mind that the Riverdale -Hill Field campus is our sister campus. The account was originally set up through them and do to tax reasons we can only have one account. All moneys go into the shared general fund for the two schools. This is an effortless way to contribute to the school and support the cadets. Happy Shopping :)
Summer Leadership & Character Development
~Be a high school junior or sophomore
~Have a minimum 3.0 gpa (on 4.0 scale)
~Complete a 500 word essay about “How you plan to make a difference if given the opportunity to attend the Academy”.
~Have a physical w/in 1 year of the Academy
~Perform well on the Initial Strength Test
~A minimum of 1 reference letter